Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can anyone please provide a prejudice quote showing gender bias?

I just need one quote showing gender bias from the novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Thanks.|||I haven't read it in years, but look for any place where they use terms such as "mailman" "men" (as in "all men are created equal), etc. Also, weren't all the jurors male? If so, take a quote from the jury selection part of the book (I know they discuss it because at one point Atticus wants blacks on the jury, and then refers to the whites as the defendant's "peers).|||"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)





"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment