Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the news show with the least bias?

I don't really consider myself on the left or the right. I'm only sixteen, which I think is too young to pledge your allegiance to any one political party.





But I've noticed that basically any news show I watch always has someone giving a very one-sided version of the news. It's frustrating.





So can anyone tell me what they think is the news show with the least amount of political bias in it?|||BBC World News and CBC The National. BBC can tend to take a more anti-China, anti-War stance. Whereas I don't think there's a more unbiased (and boring) host than Peter Masnbridge, CBC.





Don't forget CSPAN or CPAQ if you like in Canada. If you really want the news, just watch the Senate. Straight from the house is the only way to get the real facts. Keep in mind though that each party brutally skewes their facts. For example, the opposition will always criticize the government and the government will always criticize the opposition.





The job of the press is to show what the government is doing wrong, and hence, putting pressure on the government to make changes. Believe me, I've been there.





But, that doesn't mean that the media always sides with the underdog, recently, the news services have been publishing only the stories that people want to hear, and that will get people talking. Crimes! Scandals! It's always breaking news.





Free press is on it's way out. Read a newspaper and you'll be shocked at the number of articles written, not by staff reporters, but by Reuters, and the Associated Press. Some day, a single source will control everything that is said. Some day twitter will become the place to get unbiased news. Simply because it will be run by individual people, not the government or large corporations.





So, if you want some good, unbiased news, try the services that I posted above. or even try twitter.|||The best--not perfect, just best--news you can find is the Zinergy News Network. What I mean is, use the internet to get *your* news from multiple sources on the internet and form a consensus in your head. Every source has a little spin and a little truth, between several sources you might be able to jigsaw puzzle the truth out of it.





And when I saw "multiple sources" I don't mean Fox and CNN and USAToday. I mean take that internet all over the world. The BBC has an amazing website. You'd be surprised at their coverage. Al Jazeera English likewise is an amazing resource, and they have a YouTube channel where you can see the latest and best. The Russian channel RT likewise has a presence on YouTube and can be easily found. Be open minded and use that computer to see the whole world!





Good luck!|||I'm afraid that is just how it is. According to academic research (I think the U. of Indiana), Fox News has the least bias (much to the researchers' admitted chagrin and surprise) but that is (imo) because they have some shows that have liberal announcers - they balance out things but both are biased shows plus the others have such a strong bias to the left that it is hard to look anything else but less biased by any station not following their formula.|||Statistically, FOX News, specifically the O'Reilly Factor show.





I know I'll get a lot of thumbs down votes, but those votes won't and can't change the facts. So, if you're really interested in watching the most unbiased news show available, check out O'Reilly, then you decide.|||Nothing you'll find on TV. Fox is extremely conservative, MSNBC is completely liberal. The others are a bit better but all cater to a particular audience. The AP or Reuters wire is your best option, perhaps.|||You can watch ac 360 on cnn. It stars anderson copper . i think his show has the least bias even though he gives some sarcastic remarks.|||well anything besides fox news. I tend to watch CNN but some of their news is exaggerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment