Thursday, December 15, 2011

What age were you when you began to be bias against people based on physical traits?

We were having a discussion about this in my Sociology class yesterday. Most people in our class couldnt even remember when or why they had their bias against some people. By physical traits I am speaking of everything from race to height. Dont say you dont have any bias because all of us do.|||age 6 but it really starts when you notice it in the actions of people around you. example: your parents|||I don't really remember when it began, but I remember it being reinforced at age 13. I was nearly abducted in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant while leaving my dance class. If it wasn't for one of the other students walking out with me, I might not be here today to tell the tale. There were at least three men in the van, two of them hispanic around the age of 35 - 40, and the driver a young african-american man. Since then, I have always had a presence of danger around multi-racial groups of people that I don't know, especially when a van is involved.





It doesn't make me racist, because there are people of all nationalities and cultures within my huge and multi-ethnic family.





I do remember another occasion where I was seated next to a young and morbidly obese woman on an airplane. She had a horrible attitude, and sadly she didn't smell quite like spring flowers. She also had a tray table covered in candy and junk food that she munched on throughout a four hour flight. She kept complaining about how they didn't serve a meal on this flight. It gave me a poor outlook about those who are obese.





Even though I am guilty of bias and stereotype, I try on a daily basis to be less judgmental, and more forgiving.|||I don't remember personally but I saw it in my son's kindergarten class so I'm going with age 5.|||Probably elementary school!|||10|||Depending upon how you would like to discern year date, because that Oklahoma have historically interfered with natural cycles and altered so much natural history, e.g. outrageous inflation, odd/peculiar outrageous crimes, rampant drug abuse... and depending upon how you discern age (depending upon what criteria), perhaps about my mid-20's or much younger (given reasons outlined above), whereas the state of Oklahoma made use of nearly every conceivable race, esp. one very dark and whined that I should be proud to forfeith enjoyment, serenity, experience loss and suffer, injury and more. Ya, I'd say that were about the time I learned of evil even when clothed as if respectable (cheap sham, charade, etc.).





P.S. why doesn;t he just up and move and let the babies boast of their lofty notion of crude endeavor? (1) victims rarely permitted such normal liberty; (2) exhaustion; (3) fatigue; (4) excess pain; (5) significant weakness; (6) an american citizen should not be treated with such disregard while any office gloats of the unfortunate demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment